HISTORICAL SITE DETAILS

Fort Bon Secours

Cornell, Wisconsin

Fort Bon Secours was a French fort established by Nicholas Perrot in 1685 on the southwestern shores of Lake Pepin (Lake of Tears) across from the mouth of the Chippewa River. The fort was occupied for approximately three to five years, and then was abandoned after Perrot was recalled from his western assignments in 1690.

Cornell, Wisconsin

Hours of Operation

Open 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. daily.

Fort Bon Secours
Accomodations
Visitor Experiences

Fort on Site
Hiking/Biking Trail
Living History Presentation
Native American Interpretation
Park/Recreation Area
Picnic Area
Reenactments