HISTORICAL SITE DETAILS

Fort Augusta

Sunbury, Pennsylvania

Fort Augusta was built in 1756 at the Forks of the Susquehanna. The fort was located at a meeting place for several major Indian trails. It was an important stopping point for emissaries of the Iroquois, and eastern and western Delawares. The Hunter House, built on the site of Fort Augusta, is located in Sunbury, Pennsylvania and is now a museum, including permanent exhibits on the prehistoric and historic significance of the site, county specific artifacts, and a schedule of changing exhibits that highlight various aspects of county history.

1150 North Front Street
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
(570) 286-4083

Hours of Operation

Open March through December, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Northumberland County Historical Society
Accomodations
Susquehanna Valley Visitors Bureau
Visitor Experiences

Gift Shop
Group Tours
Handicap Accessibility
Museum
Visitors Center