HISTORICAL SITE DETAILS

Fort Johns (Headquarters)

Walpack Center, New Jersey

In 1755, four forts were authorized to be built along the Delaware River, to be manned by 250 local militia, not British soldiers. Fort Johns was one of these forts. Also, called the “Headquarters,” the Fort Johns was the largest of the four forts as it could house up to 100 men. Eventually there were at least a dozen forts in northwestern New Jersey.

Walpack Center, New Jersey

Hours of Operation

Call the Walpack Historical Center at (973) 948-6671 for hours.

Military Trail
Accomodations
Visitor Experiences